5.13.2008

building day


we have a little plot of soil between some arborvitae that we planted and the alley behind our house. it is the sunniest spot in our very shaded lawn, so i thought it would make a good spot for a garden. as i started planning it out, scott discovered that my soil was a bit more like rock- not so good for growing.


scott, the good husband that he is, agreed to make me a raised bed that i can fill with soil, solving my rock dilemma. he also put in a watering system underneath the bed to help use run-off water to quench my produce in the hot summer sun. the project was pretty grueling, as he had to dig through the rock to lay the watering system.


my mom has a really green thumb. somehow, mine is not. hopefully scott's labor will not be in vain and hopefully i'll be able to show you my bounty in a couple of months.


No comments: