9.10.2008

the birthday party

on saturday, my sweet baby turned 4! i don't know why 4 feels so old to me. i didn't feel like this last year, and i don't remember feeling it at 2, but somehow, 4 feels old. she's getting big before my eyes! on thursday on our trip to ed debevics, i gave her an early birthday gift. it was the olympic gymnastics suit pictured above. she put it on the minute we arrived home on from our lunch outing, and has worn it ever since. somehow she decided that she would wear the matching scrunchy around her ankle. it was a big hit. she wore it to target. she wore it to whole foods. she wore it out to dinner... you get the picture. i have had to force her to cover it up with pants, but that's about as far as she'll go. if you see me out about town in the next few weeks, i think you'll spot me quickly. anyways, we had a party at her gymnastics school with 20 of her friends. 20! (scott commented at the party that she has more friends at 4 than he has had in his entire life. and he even noticed that each one really does have a special place in her life.)
e had a blast! she jumped in "the pit", she climbed on the inflatable obstacle course, she swung on the bars, she bounced high on the trampoline... you get the picture.
after an hour and a half in the gym, the kids were red cheeked, thirsty and ready for cake! and when we got home she had the most amazing gifts to open! here is just a small sampling of some of her favorites. it was a fun day. we are grateful for our little girlie, we are thankful that she is surrounded by wonderful friends, and are eager to see this special babes life unfold. we just wish we could slow it down a tiny bit.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

How fun!! You are one brave mama!! Love u! s

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Ok...sorry it has taken me so long to catch up and sooooo sorry I missed her special 4th birthday!! Please forgive me.

It looks like she had a very special birthday weekend with lunch with daddy and an amazing party. I don't think I have 20 friends either!

And by the way...I don't think I could ever pick out such adorable dress up clothes...I think these came from the fairy princess herself...

Ellie is absolutely beautiful and I am sorry we live so far away and I can't be a more intricate part of each one of your daughter's lives. I am thankful for you and your gift for writing...and for sharing all of these wonderful details about your life and your children through your blog, about Scott and your faith in God. It is a gift to a faraway auntie and sister like me to experience life through your eyes and catch a glimpse visually, at all God is doing in and through you and your family.

You are beautiful inside and out. I again am so sorry for my oversight. Please give Ellie a hug from Auntie.

I love you.

Stacy