3.11.2009

the ultrasound

so yesterday, i wrote a post about having the twenty week ultrasound and what brought us to the conclusion of not finding out the sex of the baby. after i began to write it, i decided to save it for posting after the ultrasound- in the event that i had a change of heart while sitting in front of that ever so powerful screen.

remember these words from two earlier postings:
m: (whispering) Father, i'm a little scared.

G: i know. do you trust me?

m: yes, i trust you.

G: do you know i love you?

m: yes, Father, i know you love me.

G: will you walk with me? will you let me carry you? through anything?

m: i will, Father.



well, we're right back in that place. our ultrasound didn't come back "conclusive" and they want to go back and check some things out. since we decided not to have first trimester screening, the verdict is still out on what the situation could be. my midwife assures me that there is no reason to worry yet and that i just need to be patient. we are scheduled for another ultrasound on the 31st of march and will get a better picture then.

and so while i do not want to cause anyone unnecessary concern (my midwife really suggested this could simply be a baby positioning issue and that until we have something to worry about, not to worry), i would be lying to you if i didn't say i was concerned. and i would also be lying to you if i told ya'll that i am a patient person. i'm not- not even the slightest bit. and so as i sit here in this place of limbo, i ask you to join me in praying. i need it and am certain that He is the only one that can keep my overactive imagination at bay. please pray for a healthy baby and for peace as i wait out the next three weeks. if you follow my blog regularly, you know how much is on our plates right now and adding one more thing is just a bit overwhelming. and so onto Him, i choose to cast my cares.


4 comments:

Busy Mama said...

You are in my prayers. I too went through a similar situation while pregnant with Annie. Waiting is terrible, but knowing that the situation is in bigger and better hands makes it easier. Trust in what is to be.

dawn said...

not a patient person myself and waiting is so hard. i will be praying for you during this time! rely on our friend Jesus!

btw your girls are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tasha...I'm so sorry you have to wait so long for results. As much as I loved being pregnant, I always found the screening stuff so anxiety ridden even when there was absolutely nothing to worry about,so I can totally understand your stress. Take comfort in the fact that you WILL be able to handle whatever the results are...which are most likely 100% fine. You will be in my thoughts.

Lindsey said...

Oh sweet girl! I'll definitely be lifting your precious family in prayer!