3.23.2009

ooh, la, la

i have died and gone to product heaven! growing up (and by that i mean until last year) i did very little to preserve the precious derma organ. i washed it, with soap, when i showered. sometimes i moisturized, sometimes i sun screened, once in a while i did some form of peel off mask or mud layer- but without much regularity.

after my pregnancy with d, my poor little face has never been the same. it went from being almost always blemish free to almost always blemished. i suddenly have true combination skin- dry patches, oily patched, wrinkle zones... you name it. and suddenly, for the first time in my life, i have been forced to really evaluate facial products. this has been a bit exhausting for me. don't get me wrong, i love products as much as the next girl, but i would way rather invest my shekels on a cool new shirt than skin care products that you can't even see. but i found myself getting wrinkles and nobody likes a big 'ole patch of acne, so i guess i am passed due for making this investment.


and so off to the store i trotted, looking for something that i would do the trick without compromising my standards for skincare products (sans parabans, petroleum products, phthlates, and propylene glycol, and anything else artificial). imagine my glee when i discovered mychelle dermaceuticules! and if you can even fathom it, imagine how excited i got when i discovered that they sell a sampler of almost all of their serums, cleansers, masks, moisturizers, eye creme etc.! it is perfect! i flew out of the store with my box of goodies (purchased at whole foods for a mere $14.99) and ran to the powder room to experiment. so far, it has been blissful (in a girlie makeover kind of way) and blemish reducing! hooray!


the kit comes with a product breakdown- their recommendations for oily skin, normal, damaged, mature, combo and men. it tells you what to do in the am and pm and what treatments are recommended for occasional use. it is perfect for a non-product girl like myself as i have no idea what i really need. and for those of you that are pros at this kind of thing, it might be perfect for sharing with a friend (if your a dry skin gal, grab an oily girl and head arm and arm to whole foods). and the part i like best you ask? well, it's that i get to try them in tiny portions for a few days and see what works for me. i get to experiment first hand with my skin type and see what i want to commit to before making a purchase (skin care isn't cheap ladies- we can't afford to fall for those glitter packages that turn out to be crud in a tube).


check out their website. while the stuff isn't "cheap" it is certainly way more affordable than some of the other stuff i've seen out there. and from what i've experienced over the past few days, it is effective. scary effective and as a bonus, my hubby told me he liked the way i smell after i used it the second night (ooh, la, la).

No comments: