4.25.2008

bff









ellie was walking by my "office" (a little table in the hall) this morning and saw some stamps. she brought them to me and asked me if she could use them to play stickers. the teacher in me decided to seize this teachable moment and explain the united states postal system to her. after we talked about the mailing process she decided she wanted to write her friend payton a note. we found a note card, drew a picture and then my little love bug wrote "love ellie" at the bottom of her card. she sealed her envelope and placed the stamp properly in the upper right-hand corner (almost). it was an exciting moment in the life of my little 3 year old. it was also a little bit sad- payton is her best friend and e misses her terribly. the girls met when they were 4 months old and have been bff ever since. we used to see each other weekly, but the burbs and preschool have made it much more difficult.


above is a snap taken of payton and e last summer having a tea party. they have seen each other more recently, but e and i love the memory of this day and speak of it often. i also made e pose as she prepared her little note.

No comments: