4.06.2008

lorelei


delaney is racking up a large number of baby friends these days. our dear friends scott and jodi just had their second. e, d and i drove into the city on friday to hang out with jodi, big sister olivia and to meet baby lorelei. it was a very special meeting for me. i kept looking at our four girls knowing that for years to come our lives will mingle together. it's nice to know my girls will have such good friends with parents who share the same values we do. i'm excited to watch them grow together.

on another note, meeting lorelei reminded me of a song i used to listen to in highschool and just recently downloaded. it's a song by the pogues titled lorelei. jodi and i talked about it while i was there and she told me she had just recently learned of another song titled lorelei. this really got me thinking. lorelei isn't a common name and here we had come up with two songs that used the name. did my girls have songs titled with their names? could my name possibly have a song? what about scott?

i went on itunes and did a search. turnes out we all have our own songs. in fact, each of us girls had more than one! i downloaded them and made a cd. it was pretty exciting for me. with a name like tasha, i have spent a lifetime not finding my name on things. i can remember going into fluff-n-stuff (that's right, the sticker store) and searching for my name to be on a sticker. it never happened. when i found a song titled tasha, i was pretty jazzed and felt pretty special. i imagine ellie will feel the same way every time she hears her new song.

above is a photo of d and her new gal pal. aren't they cute as a button?

No comments: