6.27.2008

got milk!

when i was pregnant with e, i longed to be a breastfeeding momma. but like most things in my my inital attempts at mommy hood, i fell short. we just never got into a good rhythm and after two bouts with mastitis i threw in the towel. i could write for days about my regret at not succeeding with e and the breastfeeding situation, but today's post is not about failure.





somewhere in the middle of my pregnancy with d i realized that i wanted to try breastfeeding again. it was at that time that i realized that of my own strength, i would never succeed. i enlisted the help of lots of praying mommas. i asked everyone that i knew who was into knee-mail to pray for d and i to succeed at breastfeeding. God answered my prayers and the prayers of those around me that would commit to this. i set a goal of six months. i would not quit feeding d at the breast until i had given it six months. there were many times that i wanted to throw in the towel, many nights that weakness crept in and i pleaded with God to let my babe take a bottle so that i could get a break- just for one feeding. but God knew my heart and he knew my desire to succeed at this task. He knew it so well that he neglected my pleading in moments of weakness and answered the prayer path i had set out on. i'd like to report that today marks six months, no bottles, one bout with mastitis and a very "juicy" babe to show as evidence that God answered those prayers.


i'd also like to report that i don't think God really cares how we feed his wee ones, but that he cares immensely for the people that call him "Father". He knew that i carried the feeling of failure from e and didn't want me to repeat that feeling with d. i'd also like to thank those of you that can share this triumph with me, for it was not of my own doing that i achieved this success. so for those that prayed on my behalf, you rock right along with God! i am surrounded by such a cool community of women, and for that i am grateful forever!



No comments: