7.21.2008

melt down



e and i went to a concert on sunday afternoon. it was one of our first solo mommy-daughter outings since d was born. the concert was justin roberts- he is a witty children's musician. his topics and tempo are all about his little listeners. but his lyrics, oh, i swear those are just for us grown-ups. this guy gets it. he knows that kids LOVE the music. they make you listen to their songs over and over and over again. because he knows we are subjected to the endless repetition of our kiddos favorite tunes, he throws in a little bit for us big kids, too. i must admit, i think i had a better time at the concert than e did.





here are the lyrics to my favorite song by justin roberts. i can relate to this song on so many levels. i laugh almost every time that i hear it:) enjoy.



MELTDOWN

Brother and me were in the living room
Busy coloring chairs that we lay on
No signs of gloom, a quiet affair
That is until I borrowed his crayon
I cannot lie it’s the one he loves the best and
I don’t know why I put him to the test
But I had no idea he’d get this distressed
Now he’s having a meltdown
Didn’t know that he felt down
A m-m-m-m-m meltdown
Then Mom walked in and stared at us in awe
Couldn’t quite understand what the deal was
Or what she saw, I took my brother’s hand
Gave him his crayon and said sorry cause
I was aware that we were in a bind
Mom’s antique chairs were covered in colored lines
And I guess she not a fan of those rainbow designs
Now she’s having a meltdown
Didn’t know that she felt down
A m-m-m-m-m meltdown
She’s having an M-E-L-T-D-O-W-N
D-O-W-N down.


all songs © Justin Roberts, 2006. all rights reserved. www.justinrobertsmusic.com
C

No comments: