8.05.2008

lactavist, cont'd

so i was just reflecting on my day and thinking through the whole pga debacle, hopefully solved and something very important came into my mind.

do you have friends that break into prayer mid conversation with you? i do:) i am blessed with an amazing friend, jen, who is a crazy prayer warrior. she's amazing. her life is one constant conversation with God about pretty much everything. and that's just the way my Abba wants it. she's a good example for me and often (probably without even knowing it) reminds me of what my relationship with The Father should look like. (i'm a work in progress.)

anyways, midway through today, she called me to catch up. i gave her the low down on my crazy battle with the pga. now mind you, this was before the channel 4 news call, before i knew what step was to be taken next. do you know what she did? she just broke out in prayer. that's right! she lifted it up to God. now i'd been prayin' alright, but it was more about keeping control, showing love, and not letting 'em have it. her prayer- well it was about getting a "yes". she even thanked our God for caring about little things like a nice day at the pga with my hubby.

as i was reflecting on my (???) accomplishment, i realized that it wasn't mine at all. it is totally His! He made the "no" turn into a "yes". He cares about ME that much! wow! He cares about me THAT MUCH!

do you know that? do you feel that God cares about the details in your life in such a special way- even when it doesn't really seem to matter in the grand scheme of The Kingdom? well, He does. He loves you and He is totally in the details. thanks Jen, for praying for me and for reminding me that my Father wants me to talk to Him always, about everything. and when we do, well, do you know who gets the glory? not this little lactavist, but Him!

1 Peter 5:7 cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

No comments: